Built in 1850 and adapted into a care home in 1987 Turfcote House has the character of a fine old manor home but includes modern specialised adaptations to provide a warm, healthy and supportive environment for our residents.
Turfcote is split into two main areas, a main residential area and a specialist dementia care unit. Staff operate in both units and residents may also move between units subject to their mental and physical abilities.
The main residential area contains 4 lounge/dining areas. The specialist dementia care unit has 3 lounge/dining areas along with a special sensory garden that lets residents enjoy the outdoors in a safe environment.
Some of the features that apply to the entire house include:
- Wide corridors for easier wheelchair access
- 2 stretcher lifts to allow bed and wheelchair access between floors and a third smaller lift
- Easy assist doors
- Specialised antibacterial carpets that help reduce and control infections
- Walking aids on all the walls
- 2 acres of attractive landscaped grounds with mature trees, seating and planting areas