Turfcote exceeds the Care Homes National Minimum Standards laid out by the DHS in all respects. For more details you can read our Care Quality Commission report.
Our specialist dementia care unit incorporates features and recommendations that are in line with the University of Stirling National Dementia Strategy 2009.
We continually strive to improve our services by adding new facilities and offering extra training to staff.
We listen to the comments of residents and change to better suit their needs, preferences and beliefs.
Residents of Turfcote have the same rights and freedoms as anyone else and we are committed to the following values;
- Ensure quality and thoughtful care as our priority in all our actions
- Treat everyone as an individual
- Allow residents to maintain personal independence, choice and responsibility for actions
- Ensure residents maintain privacy and space
- Respect and accept all cultural, religious, social, emotional, intellectual and ethical requirements
- Provide the same access to services in the community as any other citizen
- Encourage residents to maintain and develop social contacts and interests
- Provide access to an advocate who can act on their behalf to pursue matters in an independent manner
- Involve residents in key decisions about their care/treatment, including regular reviews of an individual’s circumstances and have their advocate present at reviews
- Inform residents about the services and routines within the home and consult them about any proposed changes
- We strive to be honest, transparent, fair and ethical in everything we do